Monday, September 29, 2008

How are the Grandchildren?

Thelwyn and fam are staying on the farm at the moment - Thelwyn has a lot of work to do with the horses and we plan to do some jobs together like tackling Ma's house. Martelize is doing just fine - here she is in her brand new pram. (The pram they bought before her birth broke about the 3rd time they used it! It got sent away for repairs which took 3 weeks, then it broke again, got sent away again but this time they couldn't fix it, so the company finally agreed to exchange the pram. Not the orginal choice, but at least it's a proper pram in a sensible colour.)

Thelwyn and Martelize on their way to the stables. We have quite a problem with flies at the moment, therefore the net!


Our other grandchild, however, is not doing so well at the moment. Poor Franco had a stomach bug over the weekend and ran a temperature. The tummy bug has passed, but today he was still a little feverish and he has a cold as well. He was just feeling lousy and did not know what he wanted. The worst part is that his mommy is really sick as well- cold sweats, colds, nausea etc. I went over there today to babysit Franco so that Dorette could get some rest and Gert get some work done. (Both parents looked rather worn out after sleepless nights with a sick 5 month old.) I carried Franco on my back in the same sling I used for my own children when they were little - it also worked like a charm for him. He was quite content and slept for about 30 minutes, until the telephone woke him. Another thing that pacified him was his swing.

Here he is in his swing - content and almost smiling....

The eyes say it all: "I have stopped fretting and I like my swing, but I'm not feeling too grand...!"

No comments: