Friday, January 2, 2009

A summary of the B's faith symbols on 31 Dec 08

On old year's eve the F's and the B's got together to share what God had meant to us this year. I tried to post our programme on our other blog, but did not succeed. I tried to post the Bible texts that God revealed to me on this blog, and it would also not post, so this is just a summary of what the res of the B's and I talked about on the 31st:

I said: Jesus is the Christ:
My text verses were the following (in brackets my own summary / interpretation):
1 John 4: 2: (If I want to be a child of God, I must be filled with His Spirit and to be filled with the Spirit I must confess and proclaim that Jesus is God incarnate: He is the Christ.)

1 John 3: 9 (If you are born of God, you cannot go on sinning.)

1 John 3: 22 -24. (God lives in me, if I obey)

1 John 1: 1 (I must have a real relationship with God: see, hear and touch Him)

Hebrews 12: 14 (I must strive to live in peace with everyone else. If I am not holy I will not see God.)


Jan said: Jesus is my guide and his text verse was Isaiah 30: 21: Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
He used his two way radio as his symbol: we had to be quiet and then we could hear his voice even though we could not see him: the same way God speaks to us when we are quiet and listen.

Dorette said Jesus gives her freedom and teaches her freedom (John 8: 34-36), Gert said Jesus took him on a rollercoaster ride (Psalm 23) (He really had a rollercoaster ride with his father being very ill on the one hand and Franco's birthon the other among other ups and downs). Frans said Jesus is his light (He said had also started a new job in 2008), Thelwyn says Jesus is like a fountain which keeps on giving and never dries up, Martelize (through Thelwyn of course) said that God provides all she needs. Hendrik said God is his Helper. His verse was Psalm 50:15 Call out to God and He will help you and you will honour Him. (my translation). His symbol was a work glove - representing a hand.

Next time I hope I'll be able to post everyone's contribution.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL 2009!
LET GOD HOLD YOUR HAND: IT IS THE ONLY SAFE WAY TO EMBARK ON THIS NEW AND UNKNOWN JOURNEY!

No comments: