Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hendrik's turns 27.

It was Hendrik's birthday on Thursday. Frans and Thelwyn took him to a show with some friends, so I had to babysit Martelize. I fetched her from her school for the first time. I found her swinging happily and I was greeted with a BIG smile.

She was as good as gold the whole time and did not even cry once. (Honestly! She really didn't.) I fed her, bathed her and put her in her cot to sleep at the appointed times and every time she happily obliged. What did I do to deserve such a good little grand baby girl? Martelize, as always, it was just pure joy to look after you!
Today (Sunday) we all celebrated Hendrik's birthday. The L's are househunting and the H's are getting the Malperthuis house ready as a weekend house. It's a privilege to dream with our children.

"Sharing a joke with Ouma. Ouma you are so funny and I am so friendly! Dis lekker op die plaas!"

"Look how my hair has grown! Ouma brushed it after bath time."

"At Tannie Lisa's baby shower on Saturday. I wore my camo outfit and everyone oohed and ahed. Tannie Lisa is expecting a little girl and I will play with her when we go with our parents to endurance rides and horse shows."

Two birthday boys: Hendrik and Gert's brother, Hannes. Hannes's birthday is on Monday.

"Riding horse on Oupa Jan is great fun."

Hendrik opening his gifts. He was thrilled with his Zulu CD rom, suitcases, special handtool and English Bible.

"What do we have here! " (Farao got a fright from the flash of the camera, not Franco - sorry Farao. The L's do not have a dog yet, and Jakkie and Farao were just as curious about Franco and he about them.)

"See, I can crawl fast, if there is something really interesting I need to investigate...!"

"Let me check your teeth. Everyone checks my four pearls and three other ones on the way every now and then."

A sniff from Jakkie.

"And the fun is spoiled, and my hands get a thorough wash... Oh well, we'll visit the farm again."

"Hi there, Cuz. Why are you chewing Ouma's red blanket?"

"Well hi there yourself! I was just watching you going all gaga over the dogs. I know dogs very well. Sandy and Zaran love me."

"What can I do now? I'm not feeling too grand - have a bit of a cold, so they won't let me play with Martelize, but still it's "lekker op die plaas." See you next week."

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I love to see your babies! Happy birthday to the b-day boys, too.
Have a terrific week!

Jan and Miekie said...

Thanks Kelly, you too!

Desire Fourie said...

Ja nee, Martelize is allee se gelukkig omdat sy veilig en geliefd voel in Ouma se hande. Geniet die kleigoed. Mooi bly.

mariki said...

'n FEES om hier rond te kyk!

Jan and Miekie said...

Hi Desire
Dankie vir die kuier. Ag ek bid dat my kinders en kleinkinders altyd sal weet hoe lief ek hulle het!

Hi Mariki
Jy laat my altyd so goed voel!

Muriel said...

Ag ek het alweer so lekker gekuier hier saam die kleingoed!
Jy is 'n baie lekker ouma! En natuurlik weet jou kinders en kleinkinders hoe baie lief jy hulle het!!!

Baie geluk aan die 2 verjaarsdag manne!

Sandra said...

Jinne Miekie maar die kinders word elke week groter en groter.

Lyk my daar is lekker gekuier

Anonymous said...

Baie geluk aan die verjaarsdag maatjie.

Julle het pragtige kleinkinders. Laat my nogal uitsien na myne (hopelik nie te gou nie) :)

Jan and Miekie said...

Hi Muriel
Die kleintjies is net 'n fees - nooit gedink dit sal so lekker wees om Ouma te wees nie.

Hi Sandra
Ja, dis verstommend hoe vinnig hulle groei en ontwikkel. Dis waarvoor ek o.a. hierdie blog het: om my te dwing om by te bly met al hulle nuwighede.

Hi Paula
Welkom hier. Jy sal reg wees vir Oumaskap die dag as jou kinders reg is vir ouerskap!

Dorette said...

Hi Ma!

Dit was lekker om weer daar by julle te kon kuier! En bly om die fotos te kan sien - myne wil skielik nie werk nie.

'n Jaar terug toe die 2 manne verjaar het, was ons lewens so effens minder besig!

Lief vir julle

Lynne said...

Lovely, lovely photos Miek, the babies are so beautiful and congradulations to Hendrik too, Love Lynne

Jan and Miekie said...

Hi Dorette
Dit was 'n lekker dag ne? Sterkte met die groot besluite!

Hi Lynne
So good to hear from you! Give my love to all.