Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We received something special

Dorette flattered me with this blog award. Thanks Dorette! I started this blog to help my children to keep a record of what the little ones did. In a way it is my photo album. I take hundreds of photos each week, but because of the blog, I am forced to quickly sort through them and choose a few that indicate the high lights of our week!

I remember how my children loved stories of what they did when they were little. I hope my grandchildren – and their children – will cherish these blog records one day. I hope of course that Google will never crash – even if my own hard drive crashes!

Through the blog (through Dorette’s blog mostly), I have “met” all kinds of interesting people all over the world. I enjoy reading about their thoughts and their lives. Through my other blog (Homeschooling a Special Child) I have also met wonderful homeschoolers. I am still struggling to find blogs of homeschoolers in South Africa, but will find them in time.

What has been very noticeable to me, as I read various blogs, is how close most bloggers are to God: How they openly state their devotion to Him. This is so inspiring. Judging by the blogs, there is clearly a worldwide revival. Praise Jesus! He is faithful! May He bless all the bloggers and their work: whether it is to be creative, informative, educational, uplifting or fun.

God gave everyone various gifts and we must use these gifts: I know my gift is education. Apart from being a wife, a mother and an Ouma, most of my time goes into education – as it has for the last 25 years! Right now I do homeschooling and I am writing a book (?) about my experiences and philosophies as an educator.

I want to show my appreciation to the blog community, by giving the above award to some of my new blogging friends. (I have not been in this blogging business very long, so I have known some for only a month or so, but already they have blessed me with their posts and their visits.)

I would like to give this award to Mariki. She is a faithful reader of my blog and I find her blog very interesting: her posts are informative and fun.

The second award goes to Jenn. She is homeschooling her dyslexic son and her other boys in the U.S. and has been my very first blog buddy. She has given me some very useful tips on 1 minute reading and lapbooks!

The third award goes to Yvonne. What she writes in her blog, just makes so much sense to me and usually echo my own feelings on the matter. Another kindred spirit.

The fourth award goes to Lora. She has the difficult task of homeschooling her autistic son under difficult circumstances, but she seems so full of joy.

The fifth award goes to Beth. She is a photographic wizard and has inspired me to photograph things (like the kitchen) that I would never have dreamed of.

Thank you all for visiting my blogs and thank you for enriching my life with the wisdom, fun and joy that you impart on your blogs!

I hope you will accept the award, but there is a BUT attached: Straight from Desire's blog, Doing Life

This is not a difficult BUT though. Here are the RULES for presenting this, hopefully soon sought after award:
    • Pick 5 bloggers that you consider as your best blogging buddies and deserves this award for their contribution towards the blogging community, no matter what language.
    • State the name of the author of each blog as well as a link to each one's blogs.
    • Each blogger (upon acceptance) of this award should do a post and show the award on their blog and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award.
    • Link to DOING LIFE's blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
    • Show these rules.

Enjoy bestowing these awards! Happy blogging!

Thank you to all who visit our blog - especially those who bother to leave a comment.

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Eks so bly jy het die Doing Life toekenning aanvaar en ook weer her-toegeken. Jy verdien dit vir al jou inspirerende inskrywings. Groete van Desire (Doing Life)

mariki said...

Miekie,is dit nou nie lief van jou nie -- baie dankie! Om so ver in die vreemde 'n opregte blyk van waardering uit Ouland te kry, is voorwaar besonders.

Maar mens, hier is 'n tameletjie: ek beperk my blogkuiery en dus het ek ook beperkte aanloop, en al die bloggers wat daar by my kom draai, het al die mooie toekenning ontvang. Wat nou gemaak?! Ek kan dit rustig maar net laat verbygaan en jy kan iemand anders aanwys, hoor.

Nogmaals dankie. (NOU sal ek darem in my spoor moet trap om te voldoen aan verwagtinge!)

Yvonne said...

Wow...thanks so much! I'm honored by the award...and your friendship!

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Miekie,

Thank you.

I was not aware that you had given this to me.

Your encouraging words and thoughtful sharing have blessed me. Reading your expressions has touched my world. Amazing isn't it that we can find, connect, and be friends with people accross the world because of the internet.

I have been taking hand pictures, too! :)

I have remembered your comment about reading during the school hours and how it helps to avoid over helping. :)

I hope that you and your had a blessed holiday.

Sincerely,

Beth