Tuesday, December 9, 2008

'n Dag met Franco


My vacation started last week, but the children still have to work. Franco's creche has closed for December and Martelize will only start creche in January. Today I looked after both babies and I had a ball. Here both are playing happily together on Franco's playmat.

Their bottle routines are the same and at 14:00 just after I started giving Martelize (4 months) her bottle, Franco (7 months) wanted his too. I put her down with her bottle for a second so that I could quickly hand Franco his bottle. According to his school he does not hold his bottle, but today both of them had no trouble holding their bottles for this round. Usually I hold them because they still need a cuddle at feed time, but I can see how holding your own bottle at feeding time is helpful!
Franco having a whale of a time in the jolly jumper! I know jolly jumpers are very passe, but all my children have straight legs and straight backs, so I don't really believe all the hooha about jolly jumpers if used for short periods. Anyway this is my way of "spoiling" Franco.

Franco is at that wonderful stage just before crawling: He sits and plays with his toys for long periods. His mother, Dorette, tricked me when she was a baby: she skipped that stage and started to leopard crawl before she could sit!

He still sits in his baby bath chair, but he sits upright. ( "As boetie bad, is die hele wereld nat...")

Mirror, mirror on the wall (playmat) who is the fairest of them all? Martelize of course....

Or is it the handsome prince who is admiring himself?

Who is that handsome fellow?

Franco playing with his play tray.

3 comments:

Dorette said...

Ek wil ook vakansie he!!!! :-)

Dankie Ma - waardeer die oppas baie! Franco is gelukkig om 'n naby Ouma te he!

Ma is 'n ster! Ek hoop Franco gee sy ouma sommer baie glimlaggies en drukkies vandag.

Jan and Miekie said...

Hy is TE OULIK vir woorde - hy het nou lekker geslaap en ek hoor hom gesels in sy bedjie...

mariki said...

Jy is 'n bevoorregte mens (hmm...die ouers ook). En is dit nie twee skatte nie!!

Laat my ve-e-e-r terugverlang. (Ons kleinkabouters woon baie myle weg).