Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Groundscraper Thrush (Gevlekte lyster)


Our little thrush still comes and taps at our bedroom window at regular intervals during the day. If the window is open, he just sits on the burglar bars. Fortunately he has not flown inside yet. What attracts him so much to the window I don't know! I had to zoom in as much as possible to get this video. If I try to get closer, he just flies away.
We love you little Thrush! You can come and sing to us anytime!
(I wanted to post our pics of the moon and planets that Jan took on Monday, but the Blogger does not want to upload them??? )
The babies are coming this weekend. I miss them! I am used to seeing them after work, but I can't very well drive in 50 km just to say hello! (Or can I?) It is my first week of vacation! I am busy tidying our own study and Ma's study but right now I am exhausted and I'm going to watch 7e Laan! Jan brought home left overs from some party, so now I don't have to cook! Hurrah! They had rain in Pretoria, but here it is very, very hot and dry! Lots of thunder and lots of flies, but no rain. Perhaps later tonight? Please God?

8 comments:

mariki said...

Ag, dankie!!Dis wondermooi -- die Liewenheer Self laat vir julle 'n konsertjie toekom!!

Mag Hy die reën ook stuur.

Jan and Miekie said...

En ons waardeer dit vreeslik baie Mariki!Is elke oggend net so bang dat hy nie sal opdaag nie, maar hy was al klaar weer hier vanoggend. Ek is benoud vir hom want ek dink hy is 'n bietjie "mental".

Dorette said...

Dis te oulik! Julle is regtig bevoorreg om so in die natuur te kan lewe! Hoop nie "mental"geid pla te erg nie, en dat jul geveerde vrientjie nog lank in die omtrek sal wees.

Jan and Miekie said...

Ons hoop ook dat niks hom sal vang nie. Gelukkig is hier nie nou katte nie!

Kelly said...

Enjoy those grandchildren! We're going to see all the grandparents this weekend and we're very excited about that. The grandparents manage to pour alot of spoiling into a short visit :o).
I love reading about what you're doing on your side of the world!

Jan and Miekie said...

Hi Kelly
We enjoy reading what you folks are doing too. Enjoy the grandparents' visit!

Kelly said...

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Your reminiscence about your time on the podium was fascinating & instigated a conversation with my children about apartheid. Blogging is educational! Actually, everything is educational when you homeschool, right?

Jan and Miekie said...

That's the wonderful thing about homeschooling Kelly! God just provides the curriculum all the time as life happens! I have found that so often this year and wrote a lot about it in my homeschooling blog (www.homeschoolingaspecialchild.blogspot.com) Our school is closed now until mid January so that blog is asleep for a while...