Saturday, November 29, 2008

We tried to play but the Blogger didn't play along.

Dorette "touched" us… long ago… I filled it in immediately, but could only get Jan's input now. (The blog refuse to publish the t... post, so I am trying to publish it without the t word.) The edit bar doesn't work - so no bold, italics etc. Very frustrating!

What are your nicknames:
Miekie: Miekie (Ek is eintlik Marietjie)
Jan: Mr B

What TV gameshow or reality show would you like to be on:
Miekie: Een van die maklike vasvra wedstryde – partykeer verstom die mense se gebrek aan algemene kennis my – maar tog asb. nie Survivor of “Boer soek ‘n vrou nie.”
Jan: None


What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD:
Miekie: I can’t really remember – I think it was Davy Crocket for the children – the first (and only) VHS I bought for myself was Debbie – I wanted to let the children see what fashions we wore in the 60’s, but the video didn’t last long. Our first bought DVD was Ben Hur – it was on special.
Jan: City of Joy

What is your favourite scent:
Miekie: Perfume: Lace or Chanel nr 5 - gifts from Jan.
Food: Braaivleis – it always smells better than it actually is.
Jan: Roses

If you had one million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on?
Miekie: I would like to travel with Jan – we still dream of going to Russia, to Austria, to Israel, to Greece, to Australia. We were busy planning a Europe tour a month or two ago and I said to Jan he’d better work on R8.80 per dollar in case the Rand weakens…. hahaha!
Truth be told, I suppose I would rather invest most of it. We are close to retirement and what if we outlive our money? 30 years ago one could fill a tank of petrol with R5 and today you need at least R500! A month’s groceries cost R14. Today it is more than a 100 times that! The financial future is really scary. We are glad to be in the hands of the Father.
I would also like to give a big chunk to Inkululeko, a Day Care Centre for disadvantaged children. I was the first principal and gave it 7 years of my life. It is still very close to my heart.

Jan: Pay my debts. “ Op my vrou … nee nie die hele miljoen nie.” I’ll invest it.

What is one place you've visited, can't forget and want to go back to:
Miekie: Nice and Monaco – I was there Old Year’s eve in 1973, but I was all alone – I would like to go with Jan.
Jan: Paris – “Ons was ‘n bietjie kort tydjie daar.”

Do you trust easily?
Miekie: Yes! Especially that people will do their work, even when I never check them…
Jan: Ja

Do you generally think before your act, or act before you think?
Miekie: 50 / 50
Jan: (without hesitation) I think before I act.

Is there anything that had made you unhappy these days?
Miekie: Yes! My friend Brenda’s got cancer. I was impatient with Tammy and I could kick myself, I irritated Hendrik when I cut his hair. What really makes me unhappy are the crooks who rob and hurt and kill – they create paranoia and steel our joy! Who wants to look at the garden through a security gate?
Jan: Yes, some aspects of the work situation.

What is your favourite fruit?
Miekie: Apples – but not Granny Smith apples. Dorette, you can keep them.
Jan: Bananas

What websites do you visit daily?
Miekie: Blogs and more blogs and my e-mails. Tammy and I search for something nearly every day, so I guess I should add Google search.
Jan: ABSA

What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Spider Solitaire – there I have admitted it. I wish Hendrik had never taught me how to play it – he wants to show me other games: Nee dankie! And I suppose I should also admit that I (still) watch 7e Laan.
Jan: Solitaire

What's the last song that got stuck in you head?
Miekie: Difficult question – can’t remember. Nothing in my head right now. I think it was Money money of ABBA - Tammy likes playing "Mama Mia".
Jan: Daai wat hulle gisteraand gesing het.. la, la, la la. Die song se naam is la la., Is dit nie “All I ask from you” (Andrew L Webber) nie?

What is your favourite thing to wear?
Miekie: Nothing these days – I gained three kilograms and feel really depressed when I look in the mirror- nothing fits except my old fat clothes which I had sworn I would never wear again. Went to a concert last night and wore my green dress – It is 12 years old.
Jan: Short pants. (Miekie: Hy het nou een aan met gate – ek dink hy bedoel daardie een…)

Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Miekie: Only when used in Rice Crispies Marshmellow cookies. Those are really yummy.
Jan: Yes.

What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Miekie: What’s the chance of that happening in South Africa!
Jan: I’ll pick it up and exchange it.

What items couldn't you for without during the day?
Miekie: Fruit (lots of it) and Diet Coke and chocolate yoghurt.
Jan: My spectacles.

What should you be doing right now?
Miekie: Wash my face, make the bed and do dishes before Thelwyn’s people come to look at thehorses.
Jan: Shave.

Guess what time of the day it is? …. But it is Saturday! (At least it was early this morning, when I tried to post it! It is now 15:40 and we should already have left for Tannie Duifie's 90th birthday celebration.

3 comments:

mariki said...

Dankie julle, dit was nou genietlik! En ek sien die twee van julle pas lekker bymekaar, humorsin en al. Hoop jul Europatoer werk een of ander tyd uit,hoor.

Jan and Miekie said...

Dankie Mariki! Jan is altyd vol grappies. Ek dink ek moet hom kry om 'n blog te begin met 'n grappie vir die dag. In die 33 jaar van getroud wees was daar nog nie een dag sonder 'n nuwe (of ou) grappie nie - hy onthou hulle almal en ek weer vergeet dit onmiddellik!

Dorette said...

So DIS hoekom julle laat was by die partytjie! Lyk my die blog-adiction het regtig ingeskop hie-hie.

Hoop julle kry die Blogger-geite uitgesorteer.