Monday, March 1, 2010

A Day of Blessings for....

Another project that kept us quite busy recently:

A "quilt" cake with a 0 candle - Thelwyn's handiwork.

So what's that and my best tea cups doing on the dining room table?


What are Dorette's cousin and nephews doing on the farm? Why is Dorette looking so flushed?

You guessed it! It was time to bless "Sussie" with gifts and blessings. Sussie's name is still a big secret, but according to Dorette, she has a name. Each guest was asked to bring a written blessing for Sussie, which Gert and Dorette will share with her later on.

We started the day with a Sunday lunch. Franco used to be a very good eater, but lately he is not very much into food.

The menfolk were busy chatting and not into photos, but at least I got a photo of my three girls - I mean my four girls. How lucky can a mother (grandmother) be? (My own grandmother used to say "A girl in time saves nine!")

Martelize in her pretty party dress. My couch is not supposed to be a climbing frame, but oh well...!

Martelize with her "bersie", which I had knitted for her. I knitted a very soft "bersie" for Sussie as well, but a spoegdoek (cloth nappy) would make a more sensible blanky than the one I knit.

Martelize still hanging on to her bersie.

Oom Hendrik pushed the two around on his desk chair and this provided me with the chance to snap the two - they never sit still, so it is difficult to take photos of them. My camera is a bit too slow for them!

A photo of material in a shop for Dorette - I did the pre-shopping and Dorette met me at the shop to give the final OK for material for the cot bumper, nappy (diaper) holder, laundry bag etc. I bought the material, but Ouma Elna made the stuff, so its a combined Ouma effort. (Dorette chose the middle pink polk dots - not too pale, not too bright.)

And while I'm blogging - another photo of Franco and Martelize in the water. (The pic of a very pregnant Dorette undressing Franco just got deleted by mistake and I do not know how to get it back.)

Typical poses of Martelize with a flower in her hair.



A very busy Franco in the park. I sometime fetch him at his school when Dorette has to go to the doctor and this time we played in the park.

Small brave pilot in big aeroplane. When we stopped at the park, he ran straight to this aeroplane. I flew the aeroplane with him. Clever of them to have two steering wheels.

Martelize busy with another typical activity: feeding the dogs. She is wild about animals: like mother like daughter.
God, please bless our darling grandchildren! Hold them in the palm of your hand and keep them safe.

8 comments:

retha said...

And big enough that grown-ups could also steer the plane.
Thelwyn's did a good job.

The answer not too great.

Sandra said...

Jou kleinkinders word so groot en hulle is pragtig. Wanneer beplan "sussie" om te kom?

mariki said...

Hy SAL hulle bewaar, Miekie!

Oe, daai blommekind slaan my asem weg -- en vir boetiekind vreet ek sommer op!

Charmaine said...

Dis 'n pragtige inskrywing vol teerheid en skoonheid en pret en afwagtig. Ek bid Vader se seen oor jou en joune Miekie.

Liesa said...

What a blessed day for all of you. Thanks for sharing. Your grands are adorable! :)

Desire Fourie said...

Die kleingoed raak so vinnig groot. Mal oor die mooi koek met die laslappie kombers versiering en die Royal Albert koppies is so elegant.
Mooi bly

Desire Fourie said...

Die kleingoed raak so vinnig groot. Mal oor die mooi koek met die laslappie kombers versiering en die Royal Albert koppies is so elegant.
Mooi bly

Miekie said...

Hi Everyone
So sorry that I took so long to respond. Thanks for all the compliments. It WAS a special day and now we are awaiting THE real special day ... but it could be another two weeks or even longer. The room is painted now, so Sussie, why don't you give your poor mom some rest and come a little earlier?